What is wrong with me?? Lately I have found myself reminiscing, near tears, and having a hard time watching my kids grow up.
I'm not sure if it is because this year I am turning 40, or the lowered missionary age requirements, or perhaps it could be because I find Darren and I sitting alone during sacrament meeting. Regardless... I find myself playing and replaying Taylor Swifts song "Never Grow Up" over and over in my mind, wishing the sands of time would stop.
So this post....and others will soon follow....are of things that I love, and will miss the most....when the time comes, and I have to say to my little one's "please don't forget to call your mom...."
Love and will miss how my little tender hearted Ay Tay would do ANYTHING for ANYONE. Ayden loves to help and serve others, and always seems to put others before himself...
Ayden painting his sister McKennah's nails
and offering to "fix stuff for you for $0.25"
Doesn't matter where, or when....McKennah is always singing. We love to hear her sing, and miss it when she's gone. She has a beautiful voice, have loved to see her learn and grow-- and most especially using her talents to bless others....
Jaret is all about sports! It doesn't seem to matter which sport it is, Jaret wants to play....and is willing to work at it to do well! Jaret started track this year, it is amazing what a difference in size 2 years can make! Jaret worked hard, and practiced often....and even though he came in last place in this heat well behind the ninth graders-- he was excited to go every week, and just tried to do better than the last.
Logan is my boy of habit. I love that when you ask Logan to do something.....that is the only time you have to ask him to do it. As you can tell by the below picture of his room, Logan is an easy kid. He is organized, prepared, responsible and kind. I will miss his help, and the example he is to us all.
I love and will miss the piles of shoes stacked next to the front door when someone asks if they can have a "few friends over...."
And I will miss whenever we drive farther than Lagoon, these two unable to keep their eyes open
So many things to love, and so many things I will miss. I pray that I will not waste away the time I have left with them and that they will always, ALWAYS want to come home.

No comments:
Post a Comment