McKennah's first high school dance was the Harvest Dance at Northridge High School. She asked Jack Hyer who is in her productions class at school. He is a senior, and McKennah is a junior. Her friend Cassidee Moss and her both carved Jack O Lanterns for their dates, filled them with candy and McKennah wrote the below poem for them to include as well.
Sweet, darling girls.
Jack answered her a week later. It was so creative and so much time spent, I was quite impressed. She was delivered a pumpkin seed, and told to report at 6:30 each night for the next 3 nights.
1st night- She was to drive to the site, and plant the seed.
2nd night- She was supposed to water the seed, and sing her favorite song to it.
3rd (and final night), she returned and found this.
She had to "Harvest" all the balloons, and pop them at home to find her answer. So fun, and so cute!
Jack Hyer and McKennah
She had quite the group! They all made their own T-shirts of "Thing One" and "Thing Two's." I was so nervous for my little one to transfer schools and to start anew. Well.....worry no more. The kids at Northridge have been sooo welcoming. They have taken her in, and accepted her as she is. I love her, and am so happy for her that she has found her confidence and comfort, in such a short period of time.
I'm sure there will be many more to come!



No comments:
Post a Comment